Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Lonely After Divorce? Get a dog!

After my divorce was final, I was finally confront my feelings about the divorce. During the divorce I was consumed with court dates and legal issues and have no time to mourn the death of my marriage or divorce deal stirs many emotions.

Work through all the different emotions and feelings of loss, betrayal, anger and disbelief took many months. An emotion I was surprised to hear was loneliness.

At first I thought that meant it was time to go out and meet someone new. Then I realized that what he really wanted was a boy, but attention, love and friendship.
It was then that I decided to get a puppy. After all, puppies give you unconditional love. I am happy to see you, even if you have only been away for an hour and are loyal, cuddly friends who betray you. Breast younger than my son 7 years time, I also had the urge to "baby" and take care of someone again powerless.

I took 3 months of age Louis Maltese, 5 months after my divorce was settled. Louis is a wonderful guy, affectionate, loyal little ones who brought me a huge amount of joy. He is truly my "best friend". He is there for me in good times and bad and I can count on his love and devotion.

If you are going through a divorce and a sense of sadness and loneliness, work on these emotions. Meeting someone and getting serious too soon can be a mistake. If what you really crave is love and attention, think about adopting a pet. Ironically once you feel loved and needed again, it will naturally attract someone in your life you respect and honor.

No comments:

Post a Comment